Under federal law, you are entitled to a yearly free credit report from each of the three main nationwide consumer reporting agencies (CRAs) – TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian. You can request a free copy of each report once every 12 months.

Request your free credit reports from AnnualCreditReport.com


You can request your free credit report(s) at www.AnnualCreditReport.com. This is the only official website to obtain your free credit report. Please be sure that you download and save each report; otherwise, you will lose access to it when you click to see the next report.

By Mail:

Download, print, and complete the Request Form. Then mail the completed form to:

Annual Credit Report Request Service
P.O. Box 105281
Atlanta, GA 30348-5281

Your credit report should be mailed to you within 15 days

By Phone:

Call 1-877-322-8228. You will go through a verification process over the phone. Your credit report will be mailed to you.

Request your free credit report from other consumer reporting agencies

There are many other consumer reporting agencies aside from TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian. You have a right to a free annual credit report from each of these agencies as well. Each should provide information on their website regarding how you can request a free copy of your report. If you have trouble requesting your report from another consumer reporting agencies, feel free to contact us.

If you are denied credit – you are entitled to a free credit report

You are entitled to a free copy of your credit report if you are denied credit or you receive an adverse action letter wherein a credit decision was based on your credit report from a specific CRA. Examples of adverse actions include denied credit for car loans, personal loans, credit cards, housing, or employment; increased interest rates; reduced credit limit; and higher down payment or security deposit. If you face such adverse action, the company that took such action must provide you with a written notice explaining what credit reporting agency they used to help make their decision to deny you credit or other adverse action. You must request this report within 60 days from the date of the denial from the specific CRA.

Review your credit report for errors

If you notice inaccurate information reporting on your credit report, it is important to dispute the inaccurate information with the Credit Reporting Agencies (CRAs). Start your dispute (add link to Start your dispute).

If you are unsure how to read your credit report and you would like help in reviewing your credit report, please contact us at 1-877-FCRA-LAW (1-877-327-2529), and we will be happy to assist you.

Additional Information

If you would like to read further about consumer reporting agencies and credit reports, we suggest you visit the federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s website here.

Firm News And Updates

Class action settlement provides $489 million in relief to victims of illegal internet payday lenders
After three years of extensive litigation, the settlement will provide relief to approximately 555,000 consumers who were subject to illegal practices by internet payday lenders. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 12, 2022   Richmond, VA – The federal court in Richmond today gave...
Donna Winters Selected by Virginia Lawyers Weekly for Unsung Legal Heroes 2021
Congratulations to Donna Winters, one of our Lead Paralegals, for being selected by Virginia Lawyers Weekly for Unsung Legal Heroes 2021! Click the link below to learn more about the award: https://valawyersweekly.com/2021/12/23/vlw-unsung-heroes-2021/  
The National Trial Lawyers Announces Kevin Dillon as One of Its Top 40 Under 40 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in Virginia
The National Trial Lawyers is pleased to announce that Kevin Dillon of Consumer Litigation Associates, PC has been selected for inclusion into its Top 40 Under 40 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in Virginia, an honor given to only a select...